Aide - Physical Therapy (Full-Time)
|Employment Type:||Year-Round - Full Time|
|Description:||If so, please continue to read: Performance Physical Therapy is a private outpatient orthopedic/sports rehabilitation practice with three (Greenwich, Stamford, Westport) locations in Fairfield County, Connecticut. |
Our physical therapy aide assists the physical therapist who sees two patients an hour with one hour for initial consultation. The emphasis is on quality and attentive patient care.
We are currently accepting applications for enthusiastic physical therapy aides to join our team (Prefer applicants who aspire to obtain a career within the PT discipline). This is a great opportunity to join a growing practice with an excellent reputation, and to work in one of our beautiful state of the art facilities. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, as well as a benefit package which includes paid vacation days, health insurance, and a 401k with a matching employee contribution.
|Duties:||Qualified candidates must be an exceptionally kind & caring customer service talent and willing to work Saturdays. Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.|
Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress, and report to physical therapist.
Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients practicing exercises and functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
Transport patients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
Confer with physical therapy staff and others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment.
Record treatment given and equipment used.
Perform clerical duties, such as checking in patients, scheduling appointments, taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
Maintain equipment and furniture to keep it in good working condition, including performing the assembly and disassembly of equipment and accessories.
Administer active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
Disinfect PT tables and change pillow cases.
Arrange treatment supplies to keep them in order.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
* One (1) year customer service
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Able to lift, push, and pull objects up to up to twenty (20) pounds
Must be able to read, write, and speak English
* Bilingual skills preferred but not required
* Must be able to give and receive verbal communication
* Legally eligible to work in the United States of America
* Pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and a criminal history records check
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Willing to work variable hours
* Must work flexible shifts, including some Saturdays
* Organizational fit for the Performance culture
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to follow safety guidelines
* Prefer Pre med/health knowledge
* Ability to perform under pressure and fixed time constraints
* Ability to perform basic computer skills - Apple skills a plus.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Aide assigned
to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the AIDE (s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.